Friday, September 6, 2013

Tee-Niny

Being tee-niny is an old southern expression. It's all about being small, tiny, and usually cute. At least that's the way I think of it. And the way I remember my mother and grandmother using here in the sweet south. I've always been drawn to creating and collecting tee-niny art pieces and quilts. This one is for my sister. She's battling breast cancer and is beating it down with courage and strength and plenty of laughter!! I would hope to be that brave if that's where my life took me. I made her a lap quilt in the hopes it would wrap her in love and comfort during her treatments. Called it Save the Hooters and here's a miniature version, framed for keeps! 


Hang in there Sis. We're all still praying and hootin' for you! XOXO, Rose



Mom sent me two of these foundation pieces she never used. They came in the mail on a day I could really use a quick project like this one! She must have bought them while visiting us out on the Oregon coast. That was our second duty station for this Coast Guard family. What a beautiful place!



Of course I knew exactly what I wanted to use one of them for. Thanks for keeping them Mother! :) And muslin, you're so much better than paper piecing. Have to remember that. You can see the larger lap quilt on my Flikr page.


No comments:

Post a Comment