Friday, May 9, 2014

Hugs & a Smooch!

Well hello! Isn't coming home one of the best parts of the day? Hugs and a smooch are just the ticket sometimes! Even better after a long day of commuting. This one is for the best guy in my world. Phew! He certainly deserves it and all of this straight line quilting. It sure makes for a heavy quilt. :)



I used a pre bundled pack of coordinating Kona solids to go with the Kona Modern Quilts yardage. I had already started sewing the half square triangles for the X's before I ordered some yardage of the sage green color. As you can see above, there is a big difference in dye lots! Oh well. Still love it anyway. And hst, never seem to get tired of those.


I stitched two rows of blue for every seven of salmon on top  and a lighter salmon for the bobbin thread. Love  Carolyn Friedlander's Architextures fabric. This orange and cream is my favorite! 






Here she is. Did I mention she's really heavy? About as large as I like to go when I'm machine quilting.

Happy Stitching,
RCQ




4 comments:

  1. Love those x's and how they almost seem to be 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. What a shame about the dye lots as it is pretty different, although I do think it adds to the 3D nature of those blocks. Love your quilting too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again!! I see what you mean about the dye lots adding to the 3D effect. Maybe the more it gets used and washed, the less we will notice it.

      Delete