Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mornin' Sunshine

Half Square Triangles, otherwise known as hst's, are one of the best quilt blocks out there to work with. So much you can to do with them! Use precuts and it's an even quicker project.

I finished another hst quilt with mostly charm squares of Fandango, by Kate Spain. I think the white is Kona Snow. I added lots of 5" charms from my stash to get a more scrappy quilt. Even found some of Kaffe Fassett Peony from many years ago in my stash! :)



More big stitches with perle cotton thread. I ran the threads along the ditch and about 3/8" from the seam. I just eyeball it. My stitches aren't perfect and I like it that way.


I arranged it a little bit off center, just like me. I like to try and add a little yellow to most of the quilts I make. Yellow is very much a neutral to me. But it's a happy neutral and can bring a little life to the party. Chartreuse is another fun color to slip in there for an accent. 




I don't think I'll ever get tired of sewing with hst's or waking up with a beautiful sunrise.



No comments:

Post a Comment