Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Christmas in July

Time to do something besides watch the stormy rainy weather outside again. It's starting to feel like groundhog day. I found a bit of petit point cross stitch that I made back in probably 1989. It was supposed to be rolled around and made into a windsock Christmas tree ornament. I made one just like it for a gift, but never got around to finishing this one. Felt like Christmas when I found it in a box last month!




I decided to be a little nostalgic and make a bell pull with it. Goes right along with the vintage cross stitch. :) I found a nice little stack of Christmas fabric scraps and some 5" charm squares in my stash. The little holly berry fabric is really vintage. Loved using it! 




I wanted to add some more needlework, so I used my new book, S is for Stitch by Kristine Czepuryk of Pretty by Hand. I stitched Noel up at the top and a turquoise snowflake near the bottom. Her blog is always very inspiring to me! Absolutely pretty. Sure do miss my nights of embroidery and cross stitch. Quilting has taken over, but I still miss it.



It's tough to get a full length picture of this 41" bell pull. I'm waiting until December to add something special to the bottom. No way am I going to go in the attic searching for it now. Hello. July in a Louisiana attic? No way.


Have a merry day! Only 154 days to go and a few more Christmas projects to finish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment