Thursday, July 10, 2014

TBT Amish Pinwheel Quilt

Found another Throwback Thursday quilt. This is the third quilt I made called Feather My Nest. Finished it back in 1990. It's an Amish inspired quilt with pinwheel blocks and hand stitched feather quilting in the wide black border. In the center of the quilt, you can see broken diagonal stitching lines. I learned the lesson of not using cheap or old thread! It wasn't too many years before these diagonal machine quilted lines broke apart with daily use. The quilt could use more quilting in general in the center of the quilt and I didn't do any quilting in the turquoise border. Someday I need to fix that.





I think I sized this one for a waterbed.  ~~~  Anyone remember those things? They were cheap and warm for the Oregon coast. But such a pain to have to move.

xoxo, Happy Stitches!



No comments:

Post a Comment